Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm really sick of lemons

Over the last week, I have glanced occasionally at “A Bohemian Girl” and thought “Is there anything I want to say today?”

No.

OK then.

But today I had something to say… imagine that… which were bits and pieces of thoughts that were being strung together on pieces of paper throughout the week… as well as paragraphs saved in word documents on my computer… since the last time I typed a single word online.

So here it goes…

The Master Cleanse is something you either love or hate, trust or suspect, agree with or oppose vehemently; regardless, people all over the World try the Master Cleanse each year. On Monday, I started the Cleanse in order to cleanse my body of a food allergy, but by the fourth day, I had to stop, because of leg cramps that started on the third day due to Mineral and Vitamin Deficiency. Not fun. I’m proud of myself for going four days, but the way it ended is a real… downer. No other way to put it. And I think the next Cleanse I do will be the old faithful vegetable and fruit smoothie/juice one… Yum!

Anyway, enough of that.

Of course I’ve been thinking about my moving to London, because that’s what’s been keeping this little boat afloat lately in this city of mine. I’m out of steam. I’ve sprung a leak and I have no crew and I’m a one-man army trying to clog this vessel. (That is one reason why I went on the Master Cleanse - to recharge my engine. I do that when I feel it’s been bogged down with too much “Hollywood” and “Life” guck.)

I’ll do it, don’t get me wrong… I always do it. I always find out a way of succeeding and I will get my film done, although a little later than I thought it would be.

So, as I do this on my own, I have been daydreaming about London. I don’t know where I would like to live, although I have looked at apartments (flats) online and have found some places that I could afford, especially if I moved there with my friend, Heather.

However, if she does go, Heather may find herself in Oxford and that would put me in the position to either go to Oxford for a couple years or live in London and visit her on a regular basis. Either way, we could still take vacations with each other and that is where the fun begins.

I think this means I need a vacation and Heather and I have been talking about going to France in the next six months. Maybe. Schedules permitting.

But if I lived in London, the World would be open to me and so would my godparents, who live in: France, Italy, Germany, Finland, Norway, Spain, Portugal, and Greece, to name a few. I have over 30 godparents who live in 30 countries and they always ask me to come visit them and I have never taken them up on their offers. But now that I would be in their neck of the woods, it would be stupid not to… (It was stupid not to before, I know. But I have visited most of them, so don’t shoot me!)

Onto something that has been bothering me…

Most of my friends have been very supportive about my decision to move to London. My Mother is actually very excited about it and said, “It’s a wonderful goal to have, my dear.”

However, one of my closest friends is rather unenthusiastic about my decision. I mean, what’s the purpose of saying, “Sure, you’re moving to London… It’s a stupid idea”… What? Excuse me?

Why do people feel the need to rain on my parade?

Saturday night, as we sat at La Poubelle, she immediately started criticizing me: “You’ve had this plan before. Weren’t you going to move there last October? You didn’t.”

No, I didn’t. I chose to stay in LA and follow my dream, but NOW, as it gets realized, I’ve decided there’s no reason to wait. I gave myself the “by 30” deadline and I’ll be hitting it in 1 1/2 years.

“You’re throwing everything away! You have connections here. You have a film that people love and want to make! You’re just quitting! And moving to London is not going to make things better. It’s not going to fix anything. You’re running away from what you want to do.”

I want to live in a place that gets me excited. I want to step out my front door and think “WOW. I live HERE.”

“It’s not going to stay that way. You’ll become jaded there. It’s not always going to be Wow. Life isn’t like that.”

Jaime is wow’d by Prague every day!?

“No place is going to wow you every day.”

When I lived in Malaysia, I was wow’d everyday.

“Uh! I can’t talk to you!”

Life is too short to not be in a place that you love. And every day I am here, I realize that more and more.

There are moments that make you appreciate Los Angeles. As I drove Heather home last night, she was so happy to be back in LA. She said: “Hello, my lovely city. I know people say you’re a whore… And maybe you are… But I love you.”

I will miss these moments, but it’s not enough to keep me here. And that’s what counts.