Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the power of euphoria

Imagine a room with a closed window that is suddenly thrown open and bright light, clean air, and cool wind come pouring in through it. That is how I feel today. Like a window has been opened.

Although it’s safe to say that I did not get everything I wanted today, I got what I definitely needed and that was support of some amazing friends. What’s important is to keep this momentum up. This movement forward in life towards creation. And I'm addicted to this momentum. This movement. This motion.

People are addicted to a wide variety of things: cigarettes, booze, drugs, shopping, eating, sex, stealing, driving too fast, adrenaline, gambling, work, exercise, caffeine… I personally have my own little obsessions, my own little quirks and my own little addictions. I have six hundred books mind you. We all do things to keep us “high,” in a state of euphoria.

There are a few things in my life, I am learning, that truly get me to that state of pure ecstasy. Literature, film, music, travel and men do that for me. They always have. They always will. And when they all come together it is all the better.

No comments: